The site of the future union club house. Judge Cooley's old home on State Street, purchased by the Union / BL004677
About this Item
- The site of the future union club house. Judge Cooley's old home on State Street, purchased by the Union
- 1906/1907 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Michigan Union (Thomas M. Cooley House) no. 245
- The residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley became the first home for the Michigan Union. The house was renovated in 1906-1907, opened for student use in 1907, and in 1912 an addition was built. In 1916, the original house was razed to make room for a new Michigan Union building, which opened in 1919. The 1912 addition was moved to the north and used as a ballroom for a time.
- Image clipped from publication.
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- Ann Arbor (Mich.)
- Dwellings--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Fences--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Houses--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Walkways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Caption in publication
- Scan Source
- 5 1/4 x 4 b/w print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:29:38
- Image Size
- 4800 x 3422
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"The site of the future union club house. Judge Cooley's old home on State Street, purchased by the Union; BL004677". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004677/bl004677. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 01, 2023.