The site of the future union club house. Judge Cooley's old home on State Street, purchased by the Union / BL004677
About this Item
- The site of the future union club house. Judge Cooley's old home on State Street, purchased by the Union
- 1906/1907 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Michigan Union (Thomas M. Cooley House) no. 245
- The residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley became the first home for the Michigan Union. The house was renovated in 1906-1907, opened for student use in 1907, and in 1912 an addition was built. In 1916, the original house was razed to make room for a new Michigan Union building, which opened in 1919. The 1912 addition was moved to the north and used as a ballroom for a time.
- Image clipped from publication.
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- Ann Arbor (Mich.)
- Dwellings--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Fences--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Houses--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Walkways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Caption in publication
- Scan Source
- 5 1/4 x 4 b/w print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:29:38
- Image Size
- 4800 x 3422
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"The site of the future union club house. Judge Cooley's old home on State Street, purchased by the Union; BL004677". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004677/bl004677. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 08, 2022.