Yost Field House Dedication / BL004671
About this Item
- Yost Field House Dedication
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Yost Ice Arena (Yost Field House). no. 331
- Built in 1923 by Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates, this structure was designed for indoor track events and intercollegiate sports, particularly football, baseball, basketball, and track athletics. Originally named the Yost Field House after U-M football coach Fielding Harris Yost (1921-1941), the building was remodeled in November of 1973 and renamed Yost Ice Arena.
- 1500 Marines and the Marine Band and Secretary of the Navy, Edwin Denby, '97 Law were guests at the dedication. Dedicated in honor of Fielding H. Yost, Director, Intercollegiate Athletics. Capacity crowd in attendance at dedication.
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Yost Field House (University of Michigan)
- Crowds--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Field houses
- Building Dedications
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:29:34
- Image Size
- 7060 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Yost Field House Dedication; BL004671". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004671/bl004671. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 28, 2022.