William L. Clements Building, construction / BL004651
About this Item
- William L. Clements Building, construction
- 1922 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. William L. Clements bldg. no. 327
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Construction began in 1922 and the building was dedicated on June 15, 1923. Located on South University next to the President's House. At the time of construction, the West Physics Building was standing to the north. Building and collection of rare books donated by William L. Clements, University Regent.
- Image shows people in front of building near entrance.
- University of Michigan--Building--1921-1930
- William L. Clements Library
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction workers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:27:51
- Image Size
- 4869 x 3781
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"William L. Clements Building, construction; BL004651". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004651/bl004651. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 10, 2022.