Engineering Annex [Engineering Shops Building] / BL004622



file_download Download image 150 x 221 (JPEG) 300 x 442 (JPEG) 600 x 885 (JPEG) 1200 x 1771 (JPEG) 2400 x 3542 (JPEG) 4800 x 7084 (JPEG)

About this Item

Record Details

Engineering Annex [Engineering Shops Building]
1920 (ca.)
Collection Title
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Collection Creator
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Folder / Container / Volume
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. West Engineering Annex 1988-1900 (with clock added to tower) views. no. 321
Photographer / Artist
University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
Gordon William Lloyd, architect. Constructed in 1885, occupied in 1886. Two additions were completed; the first in 1888 and the second in 1900. In 1918, clock and chimes were removed from the Old General Library and installed in the building's tower. In 1926, the building name was changed from Engineering Shops to West Engineering Annex. Architecture Dept. in east wing 1923-1927; Survey Dept. in east wing 1927; Auto Lab in west wing; part of Auto Lab destroyed by fire 1937. Removed in 1956 to allow for the construction of the Undergraduate Library.
Item Number
Finding Aid
Source of Title
Scan Source
10 x 8 b/w photographic print
Bentley Historical Library
Date Added/Updated
2012-11-25 01:28:01

Technical Details

Image Size
4800 x 7084
File Size
4 MB
Link to this Item

Rights and Permissions

Creative Commons License
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License


Cite this Item

View the Help Guide for more information.

Full citation
"Engineering Annex [Engineering Shops Building]; BL004622". University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 07, 2022.