- Baits Housing under construction
- 1966 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Vera Baits Houses. no. 309
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
- Swanson Associates, architecture firm. Co-ed student housing. Originally named Cedar Bend Houses I and II, later renamed after Vera Burridge Baits. Baits I and II were occupied in 1966 and 1967, respectively. There are five houses in Baits I named after John Wallace Eaton, Alfred Oughton Lee, DeWitt Henry Parker, Sara Spencer Brown Smith, and Albert Augustus Stanley. There are five houses in Baits II named after Katherine Ellis Coman, Lucile Bailey Conger, Arthur Lyon Cross, Hugo Paul Thieme, and Alexander Ziwet. Baits II was renovated in 2012.
- Stamp on verso: "University of Michigan, News Service, 3528 Administration Bldg., Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104."
- Vera Baits Houses (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Building--1961-1970
- University of Michigan--Student housing--1961-1970
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction Sites
- Dormitories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:27:59
30928 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio