Hagerman - Hegeler - White Bell of 1883 / BL004500
About this Item
- Hagerman - Hegeler - White Bell of 1883
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Statuary, monuments, etc. Class boulders and trees. no. 288
- Largest of 5 peal of bells presented to the university in 1883 by Andrew D. White, James J. Hagerman, and Edward C. Hegeler. From 1883 to 1936 the five bells were first in the Library Tower and then in the tower of the Old Engineering Building. In 1942 they were melted down for the war effort.
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:25:37
- Image Size
- 4800 x 7165
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Hagerman - Hegeler - White Bell of 1883; BL004500". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004500/bl004500. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 27, 2023.