- "Tappan Oak" boulder
- 1900 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Statuary, monuments, etc. Class boulders and trees (including Oak) no. 287
- Tree before 1858; boulder ca. 1883; bronze plaque 1904. In spring of 1858 the Class of 1858 named this oak (growing near center of campus) the Tappan Oak as a tribute to then Pres. Henry P. Tappan). Stone was given by the "Tappan Boys" (class of 58) and placed ca. 1883.
- University of Michigan. Class of 1858
- Monuments & memorials--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Plaques--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 x 7 print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:25:21
30094 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio