Ferry Field [gridiron and track looking west] / BL004243
About this Item
- Ferry Field [gridiron and track looking west]
- 1906/1914 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Ferry Field. no. 184
- Regents purchased south ten acres for $3000 in 1890. In 1902 UM received seven acres of land to the north from Dexter M. Ferry; became Ferry Field. In 1904 brick wall constructed on three sides and in 1906 gate and ticket office at northeast corner added (gift of Mr. Ferry). Wooden stands to accommodate 400 put up in 1893; burned in 1895. Rebuilt to seat 800 with later additions to facililties. By 1914, 13,600 accommodated. New stadium built in 1927.
- Ferry Field (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Stadiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 x 3 print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:25:15
- Image Size
- 4800 x 3014
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Ferry Field [gridiron and track looking west]; BL004243". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004243/bl004243. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 30, 2023.