Professor's House, S. Univ. Ave. E. / BL004227



file_download Download image 194 x 150 (JPEG) 388 x 300 (JPEG) 776 x 600 (JPEG) 1552 x 1200 (JPEG) 3105 x 2400 (JPEG) 6210 x 4800 (JPEG)

About this Item

Record Details

Professor's House, S. Univ. Ave. E.
1878/1891 (ca.)
Collection Title
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Collection Creator
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Folder / Container / Volume
UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Engineering Building. Built 1840 as Professor's House; Dental College 1877-1891. (Original building with east wing.) no 182
One of the four original buildings on campus, located on South University east of the Presidents' house, where Clements Libary now stands. Used as Professor's house from 1840 to 1877 and as the Dental College from 1877 to 1891. East wing added in 1878. In 1891, the Dental School moved, the building was enlarged to the north, a third story was added, the entrance changed to the west, and "Engineering" placed over the door. Used by Engineeering from 1891 to 1922. After 1904 it was called "Old Engineering Building." Demolished in 1922.
Albumen prints;
Item Number
Finding Aid
Source of Title
Scan Source
7 1/2 x 4 1/2 mounted photographic print
Bentley Historical Library
Date Added/Updated
2012-11-25 01:24:54

Technical Details

Image Size
6210 x 4800
File Size
4 MB
Link to this Item

Rights and Permissions

This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact BHL-Image Bank.


In public portfolios

Cite this Item

View the Help Guide for more information.

Full citation
"Professor's House, S. Univ. Ave. E.; BL004227." In the digital collection Bentley Historical Library: Bentley Image Bank. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed May 22, 2024.
Do you have questions about this content? Need to report a problem? Please contact us.