- Science Bldg., Ann Arbor
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. E. H. Kraus Natural Science Bldg. Construction. no. 179
- Photographer / Artist
- Lyndon Photo (Ann Arbor)
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Irwin & Leighton, contractors. Constructed between 1914-1915. Situated on the south side of North University Avenue on the site of the old Homeopathic Medical School. Building named for Edward H. Kraus and originally housed the departments of Botany, Geology, Mineralogy, Zoology, Psychology and the School of Natural Resources.
- Image shows foundation work, looking southeast. One of series of construction photos probably taken by Lyndon for contractor and given to UM Building & Grounds.
- On image: "Science Bldg., Ann Arbor. Jul 18, 1914. Irwin + Leighton."
- Natural Science Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Building--1911-1920
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction workers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Progress photographs;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 1/2 x 7 1/2 b/w mounted photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:38:58
30928 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Natural Sciences Building Construction items: 22, owner: kirycksc