- Chemistry Lab, Pharmacology Wing
- 1890/1910 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Economics Building. 1908-1981. Economics south wing. no. 177
- A. J. Jordan, architect. Built in 1856. First chemical laboratory at a state university. Building served medical students and others as both laboratory and classroom. Situated just west and south of the original medical building. Additions made to the one-story building in 1861, 1866, 1868, 1874. In 1880 a two-story addition was added. In 1890, a three-story wing was added to the west of the original structure and was designed by E. W. Arnold of Detroit. A final addition was constructed in 1901. With the completion of the West Medical Building (later renamed the Dana Building) in 1903 and the Chemistry Building in 1909, the laboratories were transferred from the original Chemical Laboratory. In 1908, it became the Economics Building with Pharmacology occupying the north wing. Destroyed by an arson fire Christmas Eve 1981.
- Image from the northwest.
- Chemical Laboratory (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Bicycles & tricycles--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Fences--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Flagpoles--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Laboratories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Smokestacks--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Walkways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4 x 5 mounted sepia tone photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:38:52
31130 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio