University Hospital Catherine St. / BL004110
About this Item
- University Hospital Catherine St.
- 1900/1910 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Convalescent Ward. no. 160
- Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. The westernmost of two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The eastern building had a rounded north facade; this building a straight north facade). From 1900-1925, the eastern building housed the Surgical Ward and the western building housed the West Medical Ward. From 1891-1900, the western building housed the Homeopathic Hospital (also called the Medical Ward); 1925-1927, the Convalescent Ward. Destroyed by fire in 1927. At corner of present day Catherine and Glen (Victor Vaughn residence).
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- West Medical Ward (University of Michigan)
- University Hospital (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan. University Hospital
- Surgical Ward (University of Michigan)
- Homeopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- Catherine St. (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Albumen prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 1/2 x 7 mounted photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:36:20
- Image Size
- 7191 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"University Hospital Catherine St.; BL004110". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004110/bl004110. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 26, 2022.