- University Hospital Catherine St.
- 1900/1910 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Convalescent Ward. no. 160
- Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. The westernmost of two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The eastern building had a rounded north facade; this building a straight north facade). From 1900-1925, the eastern building housed the Surgical Ward and the western building housed the West Medical Ward. From 1891-1900, the western building housed the Homeopathic Hospital (also called the Medical Ward); 1925-1927, the Convalescent Ward. Destroyed by fire in 1927. At corner of present day Catherine and Glen (Victor Vaughn residence).
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- West Medical Ward (University of Michigan)
- University Hospital (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan. University Hospital
- Surgical Ward (University of Michigan)
- Homeopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- Catherine St. (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Albumen prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 1/2 x 7 mounted photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:36:20
32533 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio