UM Carillon. Adding new bells / BL004079
About this Item
- UM Carillon. Adding new bells
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Campus Buildings. Burton Memorial Tower and Charles Baird Carillon. Folder: 147
- Photographer / Artist
- Robert Kalmbach
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Tower dedicated on December 4, 1936. Named for Dr. Marion LeRoy Burton, University President from 1920-1925. The carillon in bell chamber was donated in 1935 by Charles Baird, a former athletic director and University graduate of the class of 1895.
- On verso: "University of Michigan Information Service, 6015 Administration Bldg., Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104."
- Baird Carillon (University of Michigan)
- Burton Tower (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1971-1980
- Bell towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Carillons--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:36:02
- Image Size
- 7092 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal pbulicity rights. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"UM Carillon. Adding new bells; BL004079". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004079/bl004079. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 29, 2023.