Burton Memorial Carillon / BL004058
About this Item
- Burton Memorial Carillon
- 1936 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Burton Memorial Tower and Charles Baird Carillon. no. 146
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Named for Dr. Marion LeRoy Burton, University President from 1920-1925. The carillon in bell chamber was donated in 1935 by Charles Baird, a former athletic director and University graduate of the class of 1895.
- On verso: "Dedicated December 4, 1936."
- Baird Carillon (University of Michigan)
- Burton Tower (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Bell towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Carillons--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Clock towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Night--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:36:07
- Image Size
- 3955 x 4800
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Burton Memorial Carillon; BL004058". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004058/bl004058. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 30, 2023.