Burton Memorial Carillon / BL004058
About this Item
- Burton Memorial Carillon
- 1936 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Burton Memorial Tower and Charles Baird Carillon. no. 146
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Named for Dr. Marion LeRoy Burton, University President from 1920-1925. The carillon in bell chamber was donated in 1935 by Charles Baird, a former athletic director and University graduate of the class of 1895.
- On verso: "Dedicated December 4, 1936."
- Baird Carillon (University of Michigan)
- Burton Tower (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Bell towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Carillons--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Clock towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Night--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:36:07
- Image Size
- 3955 x 4800
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Burton Memorial Carillon; BL004058". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004058/bl004058. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 09, 2022.