- Campus Center and Library -- University of Michigan [From an etching]
- Collection Title
- Wilfred B. Shaw Papers
- Collection Creator
- Shaw, Wilfred B., 1880-1959.
- Box / Drawer
- 10. Oversized.
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder 13
- Photographer / Artist
- Shaw, Wilfred Byron, 1881-1959
- Architects are Albert Kahn of Detroit, in consultation with William Warner Bishop, the first head librarian of the new building. Built between 1916 and 1920 on the site of the old library. The new building incorporated two fireproof book stacks built in 1898 from the older building. Additional stacks were built at right angles to old stacks between 1916-1918 by Selden Breck contractors. In 1918 the old library was demolished and a new front (north facade) was attached to the 1893 stacks and the stacks built in 1916-1917. This was referred to as the (New) General Library until the south stack addition was built in 1967-1970 and the entire library building was named the Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library.
- Image creator Shaw was General Secretary of the Alumni Association, 1904-1029; Director of the Bureau of Alumni relations, 1929 -1950. He was both editor and illustrator of the Michigan Alumnus and Michigan Alumnus Quarterly Review.
- General Library (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Libraries
- University of Michigan--Students
- Diagonal (University of Michigan)
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Walkways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 11 x 8 print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:18:26
32285 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.