- The Laboratory of Pharmacology
- 1891 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Medical School (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Medical School.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: Gibson Photos, 1893 (3)
- Photographer / Artist
- Gibson, J. Jefferson
- The Chemical Laboratory was built in 1856 by A. J. Jordan and destroyed by an arson fire on Christmas Eve 1981.
- Image shows John Jacob Abel (seated) and his assistant, Archibald Muirhead, in his laboratory (source: Not Just Any Medical School by Horace W. Davenport).
- On verso: "Practical work pictures. Seated: Prof. Abel. 1891."
- Abel, John Jacob, 1857-1938
- Muirhead, Archibald
- Chemical Laboratory (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Faculty
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Laboratories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Medical education--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Pharmacologists--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Albumen prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Caption on mat
- Scan Source
- 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 mounted photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:04:38
32718 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.