- Dr. Nancrede's Clinic [Catherine Street Hospital]
- 1893 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Medical School (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Medical School.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: Gibson Photos, 1893 (3)
- Photographer / Artist
- Gibson, J. Jefferson
- Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. The easternmost of two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. From 1891-1900, this building housed the Allopathic Hospital (also called University Hospital); 1900-1925, the Surgical Ward; 1925-1944, the East Convalescent Ward; 1944-1950, the Rapid Treatment Center; and 1950-1965, the Institute for Social Research. It was removed in 1965.
- On verso: "Alice Hamilton in front row, fourth from left."
- Hamilton, Alice, 1869-1970
- Nancrede, Charles B. (Charles Beylard), 1847-1921
- Allopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Curricula
- University of Michigan--Faculty
- University of Michigan--Hospitals
- University of Michigan--Students--1891-1900
- Classrooms--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Medical education--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Medical students--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Albumen prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Caption on mat
- Scan Source
- 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 mounted photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:04:29
32533 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.