- State Street side
- 1863/1869 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD2. Folder: Campus Views. Central Campus. State Street side of campus from corner of South University and State. no. 124
- Mason Hall was the first University of Michigan building devoted to instruction was known as the University Main Building upon completion in 1841 in time for fall classes.
- In 1849, a similar building called South College was constructed south of Mason Hall. University Hall (built 1871-1873) connected the two buildings, which then were referred to as South Wing and North Wing.
- The Law Building was built in 1863, renamed Haven Hall in 1933, and destroyed by fire in 1950. In 1950, after the fire destroyed Haven Hall, the entire University Hall complex was removed to make room for the expansion of Angell Hall.
- Law Building (University of Michigan)
- Mason Hall (University of Michigan)
- South College (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1861-1870
- State Street (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Fences--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Lampposts--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Winter--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Albumen prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 6 oval mounted photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:07:25
32712 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Centennial items: 175, owner: phmccune