- Alumni Memorial Hall
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Alumni Memorial Hall (Museum of Art). no. 137
- Photographer / Artist
- Daines & Nickels (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Donaldson & Meier, architects. The building opened in 1910. It houses the headquarters of the Alumni Association and the Michigan Alumnus and contains and the Alumni Catalog Office. Art collections and activities, including classes and exhibitions, have been held in the building since its opening. Its social function was, in the course of time, reduced to the use of a large room in the basement for the University Club, a faculty organization which later moved to quarters in the Union. The Department of Fine Arts held classes in Alumni Hall until 1949 and in 1946 the Museum of Art moved into the building.
- Alumni Memorial Hall (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 7 1/2 x 9 1/2 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:09:37
30646 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.