Alumni Memorial Hall / BL001784
About this Item
- Alumni Memorial Hall
- 1927/1939 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Alumni Memorial Hall (Museum of Art). no. 137
- Donaldson & Meier, architecture firm. The building opened in 1910. It houses the headquarters of the Alumni Association and the Michigan Alumnus and contains and the Alumni Catalog Office. Art collections and activities, including classes and exhibitions, have been held in the building since its opening. Its social function was, in the course of time, reduced to the use of a large room in the basement for the University Club, a faculty organization which later moved to quarters in the Union. The Department of Fine Arts held classes in Alumni Hall until 1949. The Museum of Art moved into Alumni Memorial Hall in 1946 upon its separation from the Museum of Archaeology and establishment as an individual administrative unit.
- Alumni Memorial Hall (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:09:44
- Image Size
- 4800 x 3360
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Alumni Memorial Hall; BL001784". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl001784/bl001784. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 03, 2022.