Proposed University of Michigan Union dormitories / BL001766
About this Item
- Proposed University of Michigan Union dormitories
- 1935-1937 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD12. Folder: Proposed buildings. Miscellaneous. no. 133
- Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
- Image is a photographic print of an architectural rendering by architecture firm Lane, Davenport & Meyer.
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Student housing--1931-1940
- Architecture--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Dormitories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Architectural drawings;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 sepia tone photographic print of architectural rendering
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:35:42
- Image Size
- 6942 x 4775
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Proposed University of Michigan Union dormitories; BL001766". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl001766/bl001766. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 14, 2022.