Proposed University of Michigan Union dormitories / BL001766



file_download Download image 216 x 149 (JPEG) 433 x 298 (JPEG) 867 x 596 (JPEG) 1735 x 1193 (JPEG) 3471 x 2387 (JPEG) 6942 x 4775 (JPEG)

About this Item

Record Details

Proposed University of Michigan Union dormitories
1935-1937 (ca.)
Collection Title
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Collection Creator
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Folder / Container / Volume
UBImusD12. Folder: Proposed buildings. Miscellaneous. no. 133
Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
Image is a photographic print of an architectural rendering by architecture firm Lane, Davenport & Meyer.
Architectural drawings;
Item Number
Finding Aid
Source of Title
Scan Source
10 x 8 sepia tone photographic print of architectural rendering
Bentley Historical Library
Date Added/Updated
2012-11-25 01:35:42

Technical Details

Image Size
6942 x 4775
File Size
4 MB
Link to this Item

Rights and Permissions

This image may be protected by copyright law.


Cite this Item

View the Help Guide for more information.

Full citation
"Proposed University of Michigan Union dormitories; BL001766". University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 30, 2022.