Architect's model of medical School Medical Science building / BL001765
About this Item
- Architect's model of medical School Medical Science building
- 1956/1958 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD12. Folder: Proposed buildings. Miscellaneous. no. 133
- Medical Science Unit I was completed in 1958 by architects Giffels & Valet, Inc. with Holabird & Root. It originally housed the Medical School Administration and the departments of Biological Chemistry, Pathology, and Pharmacology. Medical Science Unit II was completed in 1969 by architect Holabird & Root. It originally housed the departments of Anatomy, Genetics, Microbiology, and Physiology. Both buildings are also referred to as the Medical School and connected to the Main Hospital.
- Image is photographic print of architect's model.
- Medical Science I Building (University of Michigan)
- Architecture--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Architectural models;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 photographic print of architectural rendering
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:09:34
- Image Size
- 6962 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Architect's model of medical School Medical Science building; BL001765". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl001765/bl001765. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 12, 2022.