University Hospitals / BL001744
About this Item
- University Hospitals
- 1900/1920 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD2. Folder: Campus Views. Medical Center. Catherine St. area. no. 126
- Two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The western building had a straight north facade; the eastern building had a rounded north facade). From 1900-1925, the western building housed the West Medical Ward and the eastern building housed the Surgical Ward. The western building was destroyed by fire in 1927 and the eastern building was removed in 1965. From 1891-1897, a small building between the two hospitals was used as a heating plant. In 1898, this building was renovated and served as a nurses residence until 1916.
- On verso: "On the left the Homeopathic Hospital. On the right the Allopathic Hospital. Rare Book Room. Gift: Mr. Wilfred Shaw, 5-9-39."
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- Nurses Home (University of Michigan)
- Surgical Ward (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- West Medical Ward (University of Michigan)
- Allopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- Homeopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:08:36
- Image Size
- 6896 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"University Hospitals; BL001744". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl001744/bl001744. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 05, 2022.