- University Hospitals Catherine St.
- 1908 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD2. Folder: Campus Views. Medical Center. Catherine St. area. no. 126
- Two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The western building had a straight north facade; the eastern building had a rounded north facade). From 1900-1925, the western building housed the West Medical Ward and the eastern building housed the Surgical Ward. The western building was destroyed by fire in 1927 and the eastern building was removed in 1965. From 1891-1897, a small building between the two hospitals was used as a heating plant. In 1898, this building was renovated and served as a nurses residence until 1916.
- On verso: "Gift of Mr. Wilfred Shaw, 5-9-39."
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- Surgical Ward (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- West Medical Ward (University of Michigan)
- Nurses Home (University of Michigan)
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:08:35
32285 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- O&P Centennial items: 13, owner: mmarymol