- University of Michigan Hospitals - Ann Arbor
- 1891/1897 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD2. Folder: Campus Views. Medical Center. Catherine St. area. no. 126
- Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. Two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The western building had a straight north facade; the eastern building had a rounded north facade). From 1891-1900, the western building housed the Homeopathic Hospital (also called the Medical Ward) and the eastern building housed the Allopathic Hospital (also called University Hospital). The western building was destroyed by fire in 1927 and the eastern building was removed in 1965.
- On verso: "Univ. Hospitals Catherine St. To the left is the Homeopathic Hospital, to the right is the Allopathic Hospital."
- Allopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- Homeopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1891-1900
- Catherine St. (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Fences--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 1/2 x 8 1/2 print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:08:00
32285 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.