University Hospitals -- 1900 Catherine St. / BL001739
About this Item
- University Hospitals -- 1900 Catherine St.
- 1891/1897 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD2. Folder: Campus Views. Medical Center. Catherine St. area. no. 126
- Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. Two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The western building had a straight north facade; the eastern building had a rounded north facade). From 1891-1900, the western building housed the Homeopathic Hospital (also called the Medical Ward) and the eastern building housed the Allopathic Hospital (also called University Hospital). The western building was destroyed by fire in 1927 and the eastern building was removed in 1965.
- On verso: "To the right the Allopathic Hospital, to the left the Homeopathic Hospital."
- Allopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- Homeopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1891-1900
- University Hospital (University of Michigan)
- Medical Center (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Medical Campus
- University of Michigan--Hospitals
- Catherine St. (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Albumen prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 7 1/2 x 4 1/2 mounted photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:07:59
- Image Size
- 6995 x 4767
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"University Hospitals -- 1900 Catherine St.; BL001739". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl001739/bl001739. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 16, 2022.