- Mosher Jordan Halls in March 1930. Showing also the Hospital Group and Palmer Field
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Palmer Field. no. 261
- Malcolmson & Higginbotham with Alexander L. Trout ('05, '10e), architects. Mosher-Jordan Halls, the first large women's dormitory at the University of Michigan, was completed in the summer of 1930. The residence consists of two separate halls with a shared kitchen. The building was named in honor of the first two deans of women, Eliza M. Mosher and Myra B. Jordan. The halls were renovated and a new dining center was added in 2008 by the architectural firm Goody Clancy & Associates.
- Left to right: "'New' hospital group, Observatory, Mosher Jordan, Women's Athletic Building, Palmer Field (in front of Mosher Hall)."
- Detroit Observatory (University of Michigan)
- Mosher-Jordan Halls (University of Michigan)
- Palmer Field (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Building--1921-1930
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1921-1930
- University of Michigan--Student housing--1921-1930
- Women's Athletic Building (University of Michigan)
- Automobiles--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Dormitories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:06:00
30928 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Video Tour II items: 38, owner: johndor