Homeopathic Hospital / BL001677
About this Item
- Homeopathic Hospital
- 1900/1920 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. North Hall. no. 254
- Photographer / Artist
- Palmer, R. D.
- Stanton & Kirby, architecture firm. Built between 1899-1900. The Homeopathic Hospital was housed in this building until the Homeopathic Medical College was discontinued in 1922. In May, 1926, the building was designated by the Regents as "South Department Hospital." The Regents' Proceedings for September, 1940, notes that "in view of the fact that the South Department of the University Hospital, so-called, is no longer used for hospital purposes but is occupied by the University Extension Service, the Naval R.O.T.C. unit the building was redesignated as North Hall." From 1949-1951 Army and Air Force R.O.T.C. also were also housed in the building. In 2015, the building was demolished to allow for construction of the Biological Sciences Building.
- Homeopathic Hospital (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:35:39
- Image Size
- 7027 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Homeopathic Hospital; BL001677". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl001677/bl001677. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 03, 2022.