University Hospital South Dept. [and Health Service] / BL001675
About this Item
- University Hospital South Dept. [and Health Service]
- 1926 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. North Hall. no. 254
- Stanton & Kirby, architecture firm. Built between 1899-1900. The Homeopathic Hospital was housed in this building until the Homeopathic Medical College was discontinued in 1922. In May, 1926, the building was designated by the Regents as "South Department Hospital." The Regents' Proceedings for September, 1940, notes that "in view of the fact that the South Department of the University Hospital, so-called, is no longer used for hospital purposes but is occupied by the University Extension Service, the Naval R.O.T.C. unit the building was redesignated as North Hall." From 1949-1951 Army and Air Force R.O.T.C. also were also housed in the building. In 2015, the building was demolished to allow for construction of the Biological Sciences Building.
- On verso: "University Hospital. South Department."
- South Department Hospital (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan. University Hospital
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1921-1930
- University of Michigan--Hospitals
- University of Michigan--Medical Campus
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:05:56
- Image Size
- 4800 x 4472
- File Size
- 3 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"University Hospital South Dept. [and Health Service]; BL001675". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl001675/bl001675. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 30, 2023.