- First Meeting House of the Germans in Michigan
- Collection Title
- Ann Arbor, Michigan photograph collection
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Ann Arbor, Mich. Buildings, Houses, etc. Churches (by denomination). Evangelical Lutheran Church (1st church), 1881.
- Inscription: First Meeting House of the Germans in Michigan, 1 1/2 Miles west of Ann Arbor. Erected in 1833. Photographed in 1881. ["Erstes Versammlungs Haus der Deutschen in Michigan. 1 1/2 Meilen westlich von Ann Arbor. Errichtet im Jahr 1833. Photographirt im Jahr 1881."]; Standing, left to right: Mrs. Sophie Hutzel, Rev. John Neumann, Emanuel Mann, David Allmendinger. Seated, left to right: John Jacob Schaffer, Pauline Allmendinger, Mrs. David Allmendinger, Mrs. David Allmendinger, Sr., Herman [Allmendinger? grandson], Caroline Shaffer, Mrs. William Guenther and daughter Lydia. Copy print neg in Sturgis collection.
- Allmendinger, David Frederick, 1848-1916
- Allmendinger family
- Zion Lutheran Church (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Ann Arbor (Mich.)--Buildings
- Churches--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Children--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4x5 b/w copy negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2013-11-22 00:51:18
32712 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio