- Phoenix Project. Magnetic spectrograph. Dr. Donald Glazer, physics instructor, in charge. March, 1951
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
- Box / Drawer
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
- The Michigan Memorial Phoenix project started in 1948 to find peacetime applications for atomic energy. Originally, it included a laboratory, greenhouse, and the Ford Nuclear Reactor. The Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project building was completed in 1955 and designed by Cornelius Gabler. The greenhouse was replaced by an addition in 2013. The Ford Nuclear Reactor was built between 1955-1956 as an addition to the laboratory by architect Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates and deactivated in July 2003.
- Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project
- University of Michigan. Dept. of Physics.
- University of Michigan--Faculty
- University of Michigan--Research
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Laboratories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Nuclear energy--Research--Michigan--Ann Arbor--Laboratories
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- negative sleeve
- Scan Source
- original 4x5 b/w negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2013-11-22 00:40:54
32533 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Centennial items: 175, owner: phmccune