Clements Library from S.W. Street at left / BL000094
About this Item
- Clements Library from S.W. Street at left
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. William L. Clements Library. no. 327
- Photographer / Artist
- George R. Swain (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Construction began in 1922 and the building was dedicated on June 15, 1923. Located on South University next to the President's House. At the time of construction, the West Physics Building was standing to the north. Building and collection of rare books donated by William L. Clements, University Regent.
- On verso: "G. R. Swain #9033; 713 East University Ave.; Ann Arbor, Mich."
- William L. Clements Library
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1921-1930
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Swain Index
- Scan Source
- 4x5 b/w copy negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2013-11-22 00:40:42
- Image Size
- 3780 x 2923
- File Size
- 564 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Clements Library from S.W. Street at left; BL000094". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl000094/bl000094. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 10, 2022.