- Mechanical Library [Engineering Shops Building]
- 1888-1900 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. West Engineering Annex 1988-1900 (addition with tower) views. no. 318
- Gordon William Lloyd, architect. Constructed in 1885, occupied in 1886. Two additions were completed; the first in 1888 and the second in 1900. In 1918, clock and chimes were removed from the Old General Library and installed in the building's tower. In 1926, the building name was changed from Engineering Shops to West Engineering Annex. Removed in 1956 to allow for the construction of the Undergraduate Library.
- On verso: "Engineering Shops."
- [Image is a copy print.]
- Engineering Shops Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1891-1900
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4x5 b/w copy negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2013-11-22 00:40:41
30928 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio