Aerial view of Michigan Stadium / BL000014
About this Item
- Aerial view of Michigan Stadium
- 1960 (ca.)
- Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
- Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Aerial views--1951-1960
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1951-1960
- Sports spectators--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Stadiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Aerial photographs;
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2013-11-22 00:53:14
- Image Size
- 4230 x 3354
- File Size
- 1 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Aerial view of Michigan Stadium; BL000014". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl000014/bl000014. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 03, 2022.