U. of M. League Bldg. Laying of Corner Stone, March 29, 1928. / BL000003
About this Item
- U. of M. League Bldg. Laying of Corner Stone, March 29, 1928.
- Collection Title
- Pond family papers
- Collection Creator
- Pond Family (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: Arch. Subjects; Michigan--Ann Arbor--Michigan League construction
- Photographer / Artist
- George F. Korwin
- Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.
- Inscription: "U. of M. League Bldg. Laying of Corner Stone, March 29, 1928. Photo by Korwin, No. 745. Pond & Pond, Martin & Loyd Arch's. Lovering-Longbotham Cont's."
- On verso: "see Ruth Bordin, 'The University of Michigan, A Pictorial History,' p. 207. March 1928. Mrs. Arthur Vandenberg addressed the crowd. (Daybook, image #35)."
- Vandenberg, Hazel Whittaker (1882-1950)
- Michigan League
- University of Michigan--Building--1921-1930
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Cornerstone laying--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Crowds--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Public speaking--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4x5 b/w copy negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2013-11-22 00:51:29
- Image Size
- 4230 x 3264
- File Size
- 582 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"U. of M. League Bldg. Laying of Corner Stone, March 29, 1928.; BL000003". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl000003/bl000003. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 17, 2022.