- Law Library
- 1935 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Legal Research Building. no. 220
- York & Sawyer, architecture firm. The William W. Cook Legal Research Building (also known as the Legal Research Library or Law Library) was completed in 1931, the third of the four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle, built between 1924-1933. In 1955, the original six level stackroom was increased to ten levels. The underground Allan F. and Alene Smith Law Library Addition designed by Gunnar Birkerts Associates was completed in 1981. The additional three original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers' Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.
- Image from 1935 UM calendar.
- Law Quadrangle (University of Michigan)
- Legal Research Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Doors & doorways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Light fixtures
- Stairways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Calendars; Prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4 1/2 x 5 3/4 mounted print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:30:38
31130 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- LSF Calendar items: 35, owner: ahaddad