Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 11.7 X 9.8 cm
- Conservation Status
- complete; much rubbed and faded
- Palaeographic Description
- Fluent hand, the letters are calligraphic and some are serifed; probably a model (Cribiore)
- Ptolemaic Era
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Writing Exercise
- Alphabet, probably written as an exercise
- Subject Headings
- Greek language--Alphabet.
- Writing|vProblems, exercises, etc.--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich III Youtie HC 1951 1099 Youtie HC, OMich III, 1099, 1951
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- G. Zalateo, Aegyptus 41 (1961) p. 170 no. 1; Pack  2745; J. Debut, ZPE 63 (1986) p. 254 no. 17; R. Cribiore, Writing, Teachers, and Students in Graeco-Roman Egypt (Atlanta, 1996) p. 183 no. 41, with pl. III
26428 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 4422 x 3126
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)