O.Mich.inv. 9580 / Recto
About this Item
front | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 7.9 X 8.7 cm
- Conservation Status
- lower right edge broken
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of OMich II, 763
- Ist century B.C.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, Egypt
- 30-D111K-A I
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt of money tax
- Receipt for tax payment by a Mestasutmis
- Subject Headings
- Persons--Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Mestasytmis son of Sentheus
- In the 28th year, (has paid) Mestasytmis son of Sentheus, on Epeiph 7, 4 drachmai; on the 8th, [. . .] drachmai.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich II Pearl OM-Youtie HC 1944 763 Pearl OM-Youtie HC, OMich II, 763, 1944
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Image Size
- 4434 x 3114
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"O.Mich.inv. 9580; Recto". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-962/9580o.tif. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 04, 2022.