Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 6.6 X 7.8 cm
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- see electronic version of OMich III, 1100
- IIIrd century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Writing Exercise
- List of words, ending with an affirmation of the divinity of Homeros
- Subject Headings
- Writing--Problems, exercises, etc,--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Dios (Deios);
- Herodes (bis);
- Homeros (the poet)
- . . . . . .
- . . . . . .
- . . .
- Homer is a god, not a man.
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich III Youtie HC 1951 1100 Pl. XIa Youtie HC, OMich III, 1100, 1951, Pl. XIa
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- Pack, 2746; J. Debut, ZPE 63 (1986) p. 271 no. 118bis; R. Cribiore, Writing, Teachers, and Students in Graeco-Roman Egypt (Atlanta, 1996) p. 222 no. 209
- Year Begin
- Year End
26428 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 3156 x 4482
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)