Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 8.5 X 7.4 cm
- Conservation Status
- 9/8 B.C.[?]
- Bacchias, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Account of Deliveries in Kind
- Account of the amount of wheat transported from Bacchias in several shipments(?)
- Subject Headings
- Measures and weights, Ancient.
- Tax collection--Egypt--Bachias (Extinct city)
- Bacchias (Extinct city)
- Signatures (Writing)
- Freight and freightage--Egypt.
- Taxation--Egypt--Bachias (Extinct city)
- Year 22, of the village of Bacchias:
- 1st (shipment?), 75 artabai of wheat; 2nd (shipment?), 73 (artabai of wheat); 3rd (shipment?), 88 (artabai of wheat); 4th (shipment?), 64 (artabai of wheat); tranportation charges of these: 1050 (drachmai).
- (2nd hand) I, Simon, have sealed.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich IV Youtie HC 1975 1119 SB XIV 11506 Youtie HC, OMich IV, 1119, 1975 -- SB XIV 11506
- Year Begin
- Year End
26424 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- 4533 x 3078
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)