Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 7.2 x 6.2 cm
- Conservation Status
- February 22, 299 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Severinus & Andreas, dekaprotoi
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to an unknown harbor in the name of Sarapammon
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Grain--Transportation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Donkeys--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Severinus, dekaprotos;
- Andrias (Andreas), dekaprotos;
- Sarapammon, brother of Chairemon;
- Chairemon, brother of Sarapammon
- horiodeiktia of Karanis
- Of the granary of the horiodeiktia of Karanis, of the dekaprotoi Severinus and Andrias, of the crop of year 14 and 13 and 6, in the name of Sarapammon, the brother of Chairemon, through beasts of the same, one donkey, equal 1. Year 15 and 14 and 7, Mecheir 28.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 472 Amundsen L, OMich I, 472, 1935 -- L. 2: read Andria (for Andrea), instead of Andris(kou), and compare O.Mich. II, 913-916; III, 1066. (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie) L. 2: read Andria (for Andrea), instead of Andris(kou), and compare O.Mich. II, 913-916; III, 1066. (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie)
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)