Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 8 x 4.9 cm
- Conservation Status
- March 31, 302 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to an unknown harbor in the name of Armilla(?)
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Donkeys--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Armilla (?) daughter of Horion <or: Sarapammon son of Horion?>
- horiodeiktia of Karanis
- Of the granary of the horiodeiktia of Karanis, of the crop of year 17 and 16 and 9, in the name of Armilla(?), daughter of Horion, one donkey, equal 1. Pharmouthi 25. Year 18 and 17 and 10.
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 500 Amundsen L, OMich I, 500, 1935 -- L. 2: perhaps on<o>m(atos) Sar<ap<ammon, isntead of on<o>mat(os) Armillas. (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie) L. 2: perhaps on<o>m(atos) Sar<ap<ammon, isntead of on<o>mat(os) Armillas. (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie)
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)