About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 5.8 x 6.1 cm
- Conservation Status
- complete, but faded on the right side
- IIIrd century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Order for Payment
- Order to deliver grain to a neophylax(?)
- Subject Headings
- Invoices--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Karanis (Extinct city)--Officials and employees.
- Heron son(?) of Palas, apodektes;
- Neotas, nomophylax(?)
- Heras to Heron, son of Palas, apodektes, greetings. Let it be given to Neotas, nomophylax(?), 3 1/2 artabai of wheat
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 161 Amundsen L, OMich I, 161, 1935
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"O.Mich.inv. 9224". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-670/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 29, 2022.