Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- Archive of Manes, son of Maron
- 9.3 x 5.5 cm
- Conservation Status
- Palaeographic Description
- See electronic version of OMich I 442
- IIIrd century A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- 28-242*-J II
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to an unknown harbor by Neilammon, in the name of Manes, son of Maron
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Granaries--Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Donkeys--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Wheat--Transportation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Weights and maesurements, Ancient.
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Manes son of Maron (see ZPE 88  185-186 and n. 15);
- Neilammon (onelates)
- horiodeiktia of Karanis; Ibion
- Of the granary of the horiodeiktia of Karanis, of the crop of the 7th year, in the name of Manes, son of Maron, through beasts of Ibion, through Neilammon, fifteen donkeys, (=) 15 sacks, forty-seven artabai of uncleaned wheat, (=) 47 artabai of wheat. Year . . ., . . . 24.
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 442 Amundsen L, OMich I, 442, 1935 CP 39 Youtie HC 1944 32-33 SB VI 9037 Youtie HC, CP 39, 32-33, 1944 -- SB VI 9037 -- BL VIII, 338 (date) BL VIII, 338 (date)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- R.S. Bagnall - K.A. Worp, BASP 16 (1979) p. 224; see also W.H.M. Liesker - K.A. Worp , ZPE 88 (1991) p. 185-186 and n. 15.
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Karanis Weavers items: 15, owner: preater
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)