About this Item
unspecified | summary (1 items)
Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 7.2 x 12.4 cm
- Conservation Status
- February 6, 311 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown tax-collector
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt for Transport of Grain
- Receipt for transport of grain to Kerke in the name of Ptollas
- Subject Headings
- Service, Compulsory non-military--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Granaries--Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Land value taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Tax collection--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Grain--Transportation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Donkeys--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Drovers--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Ptollas son of Sarapion (see O.Mich. I, p. 204);
- Dioskoros, onelates
- Karanis; Kerke
- In the granary of the village of Karanis, of the crop of year 18, Ptollas, son of Sarapion, has shifted to the harbor of Kerke, through Dioskoros the donkey-driver, 2 donkeys of wheat. Year 19 and 7 and 5 and 2 <read: 3>, Mecheir 12.
- Papyri.info Link
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 522 Amundsen L, OMich I, 522, 1935 -- BL VII, 289 (l. 7). - L. 4: read probably di(a) instead of ono(matos). (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie) BL VII, 289 (l. 7). - L. 4: read probably di(a) instead of ono(matos). (Unpublished note of H.C. Youtie)
Information on Publications--Bibliography
- A. Chastagnol, Caesarodunum X bis. Aiôn. Le temps chez les Romains (Paris, 1976) p. 237
- Year Begin
- Year End
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"O.Mich.inv. 9168". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/a/apis/x-616/1. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 07, 2022.