Background and Physical Properties
- Recto; Verso is blank
- 5 x 7.8 cm
- Conservation Status
- October 20, 187 A.D.
- probably Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Karanis, Herakleidou meris, Arsinoite nome, province of Egypt
- Unknown dyke-surveyor
- Type of Text/Title of Work
- Receipt (Certificate) for Work on the Embankments
- Probably a certificate for work on the embankments performed by Polion
- Subject Headings
- Irrigation engineering--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Corvée--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Dikes (Engineering)--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Taxation--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Embankments--Egypt--Karanis (Extinct city)
- Polion, gerdios
- Year 28, Phaophi 22. Polion, weaver, has given <;so many naubia>
- Perseus Link
- view the greek text of this document in a separate window
Information on Publications
Series and Volume Editor Year Pg/Nr Photo SB Preferred Citation Corrections OMich I Amundsen L 1935 272 Amundsen L, OMich I, 272, 1935
- Year Begin
- Year End
26400 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are in the public domain. If you have questions about the collection, please contact APIS Help. If you would like to request high-resolution images, please contact the Papyrology Collection. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
No Copyright. This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Karanis Weavers items: 15, owner: preater
- Advanced Papyrological Information System (APIS UM)